Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm totally back... and I'm proud of myself!

This week has been binge free so far!!!! When I go from bingeing almost everyday to controlling the urges when knowing all of my "good stuff" is laying around my house yelling my name, it's very empowering. Having a sweet a day is really helping me; knowing that I'm not going to be deprived of them. I'm being taught what moderation is at 25 years old. It's about time!
However, I'm usually good during the week. It's the weekends where I get off track. I'm not sure why that is... perhaps because I sit at home, and on Sundays, I don't generally follow an eating plan... that would do it, huh?

Anyway, I'm not sure where my weight stands. I haven't weighed in a few weeks. I'm almost afraid to. I wouldn't be surprised if I've gained 15 pounds. I don't want to look because I do feel good, I look good, and my fitness level is amazing right now. I don't want a number to discourage the way I feel about myself. I may have my mom remove my scale from my home just to repel the urge to weigh. I've got to realize that it's about self-esteem, body image, and general healthiness, and not about a number on a scale. In that way, I've been able to let go. Baby steps...

Side Note:

There is one person I really need to especially thank... and that's my mom. (I know you read this, sometimes). She has been there with me more than anyone and has done everything she can to help me. She exercises with me (and looks amazing), cooks meals for me, buys and gives me my "surprise" treats, and puts up with my (increasingly horrible) attitude. (I know I've been difficult to be around lately-I don't know exactly why, but I'll try to be better.) My mom is the best and I love her!

So, cheers to success.. and strength to pick yourself back up if you fall! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your nice comment.
    It is so hard,but so great when we get binge free! I was yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete